Monday, October 17, 2011

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY BRIDGETTE









Well, 2 years ago 2 was the most exciting, scary, and wonderful day of my life at that point. Getting married was wonderful and exciting, but not scary to me. Having a darling daughter was all of those things and more. I was very nervous and had a difficult delivery (but a wonderful pregnancy). But when I FINALLY got to hold our sweet baby...there are no words about the level of love that I was experiencing. It was soooo good. I cried, I laughed. I was swelling inside. Travis and I felt like our life had just been completed and our love increased amazingly.
Bridgette- we are so happy and our lives are so much better now that you are here. We love you with all our hearts. Your smile and laugh makes our day. THe sweet and funny things you say are so amusing and very often way too smart! I look back over these last two years and I just wish you would have the capacity to remember some of the sweet moments. When I was nursing you late at night and it was just the two of us. Quiet and so happy. When you took your first steps. When you truly became a daddy's girl (and need to help him fix things all over the house). Reading "booka-bookas" at night. When you saw your baby brother for the first time and commented on his "little toes, little eyes, little nose" and told him you loved him. As I am writing this I am tearing up. So many good times. When you were learning to talk you would wake up and say all of your words "puppy, milk, daddy, mommy!" in no particular order haha. The first time we took you to Disney and you just were amazed by the animation. There are so many moments I cannot begin to name them all. I am just so proud of you and who you are becoming.

Ok a little about your party- you had a blast! It was Dora themed (shocking) and you LOVED the cake :). There was a singing Dora balloon that sang Happy Birthday when you touched it and that became a very fun activity for you. The amount of gifts you received was insane haha, and you have played with them all so far! You got a red trike that you have climbed all over and played with. Perhaps the most exciting part though was the bounce house we bought for the basement. you and your friend Carys Bible jumped and laughed for a very long time. You were worn out after haha.
I loved watching you :). You would jump so excitedly, then run and dive face first off the slide and scream "slide!!". Too funny. You spent the night with your Mimi Kay and PaPaw Billy. You had a wonderful time, then the next AM you went to your Grandad and Grandmoms

Aunt Momo was your first birthday phone call today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment