Monday, July 4, 2011

Mommy is going to try and do better...



I am terrible at keeping up this blog. There are SO many things to do, but I realize that keeping a record of things is beneficial, so HERE goes again :)
Bridgette really is such a joy! She is growing so quickly and learning so much. Here are a few cute things she is doing:
**SHe can sing her ABCs all the way through (over and over and over haha)
**She can count to ten in English and Spanish
**She believes whole-heartedly that my Grandfather Reid's poodle Charlie is a SHEEP and she will tell you adamantly
**She knows that Grandmother is "Abuela" in Spanish
**She believes that her daddy can fix ANYTHING...and she thinks that she needs to help him :)
**She is sleeping most nights in her big girl bed ALL NIGHT LONG! The only strange thing to me is that she has pushed her bedtime back to 9pm (from 730) since transitioning there. But she sleeps longer in the AM, so no complaining.
**She can't wait to be a big sister. She practices with her brother doll and she always loves on my belly, talks to "Mason" and even holds her sippy cup to my belly button so he will get enough "milka-milka". haha
**She is VERY independent and wants to do most things herself. I am very proud of her. Here is a sweet example:
One day, her play baby bottle fell under the bed (where my pregnant belly cannot go) and we called for Aunt Mal-Mal's help. Malerie grabbed a hanger and swept it under the bed to retrieve it. The next day, Bridgette was playing with a small ball that rolled under the bed. She came to me and said "Mommy, need hanger." I gave her one then followed her to see why, and she fished out her ball from under the bed. Amazing.
**Well, she is growing so much. She is thinning out (like all toddlers do) and is getting pretty tall. I will have to measure her and post that too. She loves to drink her milk. She is pretty wild about waffles, broccoli, cheese, pizza, prunes, olives (that-a-girl), raw carrots, dipping anything in ketchup haha, strawberries, apple sauce, bread, popcorn, and fruit snacks of course. She will try just about anything..she is her daddy's girl...she loves bacon, pepperoni. Whew, never thought my child would :)

As for the rest of the family...
Travis has accepted a new position as the ER Director at Jellico hospital. He currently working a lot, because he is also working out his notice at Jeff Co Hospital. He is very excited though!!
I am working a couple days a week at Summit, but mostly staying home with Bridgette. I am 34 + weeks today and really feeling it. It is HOT here in July 90s. I have a small umbilical hernia with diastasis (splitting of the abdominal muscles) and this causes my back to hurt. I am not sleeping great due to back pain, little bladder haha, and restless leg! AGH. Looking forward to meeting this little man! WE are busy decorated his room (and redecorating Bridgette's). We also are adding to the playroom. Bridgette loves to play up there and ANYTHING that involves playing in water! She is so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment