Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mason Hamilton Fawver



There are so many things to blog about that I get overwhelmed and forget to blog at all. So this one will probably be a long one! :)
On August 11, Travis and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary at Ruth's Chris! YUM. It was so funny, because Mason was just 5 days old and I was nervous to leave him. So, when we sat down, I told the waiter, "Make this dinner snappy, we have a newborn at home." Apparently he was a father, because he responded with a quick, "Yes Ma'am" and a wink and he made the dinner very enjoyable, but rapido! :) (That's Dora sneaking in on me there haha).
Around that time, Mason was diagnosed with jaundice. He was looking a little bit more tan every day, but Bridgette was so very jaundiced that I hardly noticed. So, we went to the doctor for a few days to have it checked and as he became more adept at eating (and my milk came in more), he got better quickly. He was also diagnosed with a blocked tear duct in the right eye, and eventually required eye drops to help it. So, it is getting better too.
In the meantime, I was still trying to get over a nerve entrapment on the Right leg/pelvic area. It was so very painful and difficult to predict what would set it off. But finally as my swelling decreased, the pain subsided. Praise God.
For those of you who followed Bridgette's blog, you may recall that one of my most favorite memories of her nursing was that she "sang" a baby "milky song". She would coo and sigh when she nursed and it was the most beautiful sound on earth. Well, God knew that I needed to hear it again, so he gave me sweet little Mason. He sings his own version of the milky song. :) I am in heaven. 4am, sitting there, nursing my little angel, listening to his own music. AHHH
He is sleeping pretty well. Most nights he gives me a 3-4 hour stretch in there, and I feel like a million dollars compared to a 1-2 hour stretch. :) He nurses pretty well...but that brings me to the newest of problems....
He and I have thrush. BOOOOOOOOOO. It is one of the most painful things on earth I think, because it is constant insult. You cannot bear to have the baby latch, then when it's all over, you have burning shooting pains through the breast. I could not sleep night before last because of it. Thankfully, I was started on medication and we are on our way to recovery.
Speaking of medication...I am also being treated for Group B Strep, that I was told BEFORE delivery I did not have, but wait! After delivery somehow I turn up positive...hum. They better be glad Mason was ok after delivery. Don't get me started....
Let's talk about Bridgette. She is the best big sister ever. She is very sweet and helpful. She is also almost 2 in every sense of the word. She throws fits, has preferences that amaze me, throws toys, books, etc to get her way. I was at my wits end with her one day and someone suggested a time-out. I had tried this before with little success, but maybe I was doing it wrong. I really feel like she has done well with it. She gets it, and doesn't want it. WHEW THANK YOU. Another bargaining tool is watching Dora. She will do a lot to get to watch it.
She is also sleeping in her big girl bed now upstairs. I am very proud of her. :) She is also going potty sometimes. She told us yesterday she needed to go. I am in no way going to push this though.
Last couple of things: hormones are real and they can destroy you. HAHA, just kidding, but man I am really having night sweats and hot flashes. I wake up every night soaked. I HATE IT!!!! On a lighter note, hehe, I only have 9 more pounds to pre preg weight!!! WAHOOOOO. Now if I could just get the ok to exercise.....

No comments:

Post a Comment